Group Of Kids Overdose On Mom's Home Made Gummies


A six-year-old in Michigan child took some of their mom’s marijuana edibles to school and shared them with classmates, causing several children to be hospitalized.

After several children fell ill at the Edgerton Elementary School on April 29, the school was evacuated, with students being sent home as a safety precaution. An investigation ruled out exposure to carbon monoxide and other gasses as being the cause of the children’s illness, according to Genessee Sheriff Chris Swanson.

The child’s mother had purchased concentrated (THC) oil, which she added to gummies she had made using gelatin. She wrapped the gummies in a Life Savers wrapper and placed the laced gummies in her refrigerator, according to authorities.

The child found the gummies, took them to school and shared them with classmates, resulting in five children falling sick and later being taken to the hospital. Each edible was reported to have contained up to 30 milligrams of THC oil.

In a video posted to the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page, Swanson said the children became “unconscious, short of breath and lethargic” after consuming the edibles.

The unidentified mother has been charged with second-degree child abuse in connection to the incident.

If convicted the woman faces up to 10 years in prison. Child Protective Services (CPS) will be referred to her home in light of the case.

The mother was set to be arraigned Wednesday.

You Might Like
Previous Leftist Organization Attempts To Infiltrate Schools To Teach Kids Sex Acts
Next Shocked Hollywood Actress Gets Something Unexpected While On Stage